CONNECT WITH ME
- Anzac Biscuits
- The Good Life Eatery in West London
- Just take the first step
- MAC Antiqued Eyeshadow
- Hair New Years resolution in action with Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment
- Brunch at Hubbard & Bell with Uncover
- When the answer is no..
- Best and Worst Dressed Golden Globes 2015
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2015 – Marsala
- Healthy Breakfast – Salmon and Avocado Omelette
Subscribe by Email
I ♥ INSTAGRAM
MY RECENT PINS
Category Archives: High Street
I’ve been a bit naughty recently on the shopping front and have been buying myself some new pieces for my winter wardrobe. Check out my recent shopping purchases below – seems I am loving a bit of monochrome at the moment!
1. Oversized Low V Neck Jumper by H&M (LINK) – I can’t get enough of this tennis/cricket knit and I have received so many lovely comments on it when I’m wearing it. I saw the Rag & Bone version a few months ago and so when I saw this in H&M I was stoked to score it at a fraction of the cost of the designer version. Just to note that I got XS and it’s still pretty oversized on me.
This is a quick outfit post from when I was back in Istanbul (photo diary HERE). These photos were only taken at the end of November but it feels like forever ago already. For me, this outfit is a perfect casual, every day comfortable look mixing simple black leggings with a bit of denim and leather. Oh and it’s ideal for a day of brunching, shopping and sightseeing when in Istanbul too…
Black biker leggings – ZARA // Black cotton v-neck tshirt – ZARA // Light denim shirt – Primark // Black silk LV scarf – Istanbul markets // Black Biker Boots – (old) Aldo // Blue handbag – purchased in Paris (as seen here)
These photos were taken on our walk after our massive brunch at Mangerie in Bebek (which you can read all about here). Just looking at those delicious food pictures makes me crave a turkish breakfast again!
Back in September I was invited to HIX at Selfridges to get an exclusive first sniff at the Reiss fragrances for him and her! British Fashion House Reiss is one of my favourite top-end high street brands because of their their beautiful but affordable luxury clothing and accessories.
Having recently celebrated 40 years, founder and MD David Reiss felt now was time to branch out into the beauty industry starting with two debut fragrances – Reiss Grey Flower for Women and Reiss Black Oudh for Men. Both fragrances are modern classic scents with unique formulations featuring hand-picked ingredients that represent style, design and elegance, all at the heart of Reiss’ DNA.
Ingredients were handpicked by David together with award winning perfume designer Azzi Glasser to create unique scents. When I was at the launch at Selfridges I got to meet the ‘nose’ Azzi Glasser herself, who told us she’d actually spent nearly four years perfecting these two fragrances.
“Reiss has an artisan approach to clothes, the attention to detail is phenomenal and this is something that I immediately connected with. David [Reiss] has wanted to launch fragrances for years but he was adamant that they should be sexy and smell expensive. Luxury was key.” Azzi Glasser
Black Oudh for Men is an alluring and enticing fragrance opening with fresh aromatic top notes of Laurel Leaf and green Cypress, descending into the deepest Heart accord of Sequoia Wood, Clary Sage and Vetiver. Finally Black Oudh, Black Musk and Amber at the base make this a magnetic and alluring fragrance.
Azzi feels that a fragrance has to encapsulate a moment, which could be a mood or even something more tangible. About Black Oudh she said; “I was inspired by a man’s neck. That warm smell when he wakes up. It’s a little dewy. Very masculine and unique”.
Grey Flower for Women is a seductive, mysterious and deeply addictive fragrance. The Armoise and Pimento Berry balance the seductive centre of Sequoia Wood, Jasmine Noir and Cocoa Leaf, followed by the velvety warmth of an addictive base of skin musks, Olibanum, Amber Crystals and Patchouli and Baies leaving an unforgettable scent.
“Grey Flower gets its name from hydrangeas which have a beautiful greyness to them if you look closely. The idea was to go deep into the heart of the scents. But not towards florals, we wanted something richer, sexier”. – Azzi Glasser
I was very surprised with these two Reiss fragrances as they are definitely not anything commercial. They avoided anything floral and made a bold statement instead by going for deep, seductive base notes. They might not be for everyone but that what gives them an edge and makes Reiss stand out against the standard high street competition.
Reiss Grey Flower for Women EDP 100ml – £49.00, 50ml – £35.00 and 30ml – £25.00.
Reiss Black Oudh for Men EDP 100ml – £49.00, 50ml – £35.00.
The Reiss Fragrances are available online at www.reiss.com and at Reiss stores nationwide. Plus from Wednesday 4th December until Monday 16th December Reiss is offering a personalised engraving service (£5) at www.reiss.com/parfums. Could make a nice Christmas gift?
Have you tried these new fragrances yet?
It’s starting to turn into proper winter-coat weather in London now, but the other weekend it was a lovely autumn day in London so I decided to wear my linen parka jacket, but definitely paired with a big scarf to keep me warm. I have been wearing my Jack Wills boyfriend chambray shirt a lot recently. It makes an easy laid-back outfit when paired with say black jeans, leather leggings or even tucked into a skirt for a more girly look.
Super Skinny black jeans with worn details from H&M // White long sleeve top from Zara // Chambray Boyfriend ‘Holecroft Shirt’ from Jack Wills (link) // Green casual parka from H&M // Two sided plaid/herringbone scarf from ZARA (link) // Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars (double tongue) as seen here // Aviator sunglasses by Ray Ban // Arm candy: Silver heart chain bracelet from Tiffany & Co, Audrey Forever Love Bangle in Rose Gold by Maison Miru (link) and studded leather strap bracelet from a jewellery street stall in NYC.
What do you think of this casual autumn outfit?
When I found out Isabel Marant was going to be the latest designer to collaborate with H&M I was super excited. I love Isabel Marant’s effortless Paris chic style and her clothing always has a mix of urban attitude, boho elegance and rock ‘n’ roll spirit!
“I aim at creating something real, that women want to wear in their everyday lives, with a certain carelessness, which I think is very Parisian: you dress up, but do not pay too much attention and still look sexy. The collection is infused with this kind of easiness and attitude. Everything can be mixed following one’s own instincts: my take on fashion is all about personality” says Isabel Marant.
The Isabel Marant for H&M collection is due to launch on the 14th of November 2013 around 250 stores worldwide and it’s bound to be a huge sell out! Here are my favourites from the collection which I will try to hunt down in a couple of weeks.
1. Embellished jacket £199.99. OK jacket isn’t cheap but the equivalent from her AW13 ready to wear collection is over five times the price // 2. White T-shirt £29.99. You can’t beat a perfectly shaped white T-shirt, it is vital part of any capsule wardrobe // 3. Leather trousers £99.99 – I love the zip and knee detailing and this shade will be perfect for my autumn and winter wardrobe! // Fringed boots £149.99. These boots were made for posing in – and, fortunately, walking too, thanks to their low wedge heel. They’re another iconic Isabel Marant piece and have featured in many of her collections. They’re also the perfect boho accompaniment to floaty dresses or skinny jeans. Basically, I need them in my life!
5. Grey sweatshirt £39.99. Simple but love it and you can dress this up or down – think skinny jeans, heels and a statement necklace // 6. Silk skirt £39.99. Love this fun print. Match it with the simple white T-shirt, black tights and those perfect fringed boots for a typical boho parisian chic Isabel Marant look // 7. Shoes £99.99. These babies will add a bit of sparkle and edge to any simple outfit //8. Little Black Dress £69.99. This is another wardrobe staple for colder days. Elegant but with the right amount of sheer detailing for a sexy chic evening look.
Click here to see the full Isabel Marant for H&M collection. I am seriously hoping I will be able to score something from this collection. What do you think of my top picks and is there anything you’ve got your eye on?