Have you seen the red carpet photos from the 2013 Grammy Awards show? Here a quick post on what I thought were the Best Beauty looks. For me, Rihanna was the ultimate Grammy Beauty Queen! Ever the chameleon, Rihanna looked exceptionally romantic with her hair in perfect golden ombré waves while rocking a bold red lip that perfectly matched her stunning custom Azzedine Alaia dress.
Some of my other favourite beauty looks were…
1. Alexa Chung brightened up her adorable floral Valentino frock with a splash of red lippy. She looked simply sweet and effortlessly indie chic! 2. Beyonce also went for a red lip as a pop of colour against her (very on-trend) monochrome jumpsuit. Love the sleek wrapped low ponytail. 3. Jennifer Lopez rocked a super tight twisted top-knot which drew the attention to her Cleopatra inspired graphic eyeliner. 4. Taylor Swift looked angelic in a cream J.Mendel gown with silver detailing, completing her sophisticated look with her hair swept into a plaited up-do. 5. Karlie Kloss opted for a shimmery grey/blue smokey eye to enhance her stunning bright blue Michael Kors frock. Loving the wavy bob hairstyle too! 6. New mum Adele looked radiant and stayed true to her retro look with a classic updo and winged out liner with lots of false lashes.
What were your favourite Beauty Looks from the Grammy’s this year?
The 18th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards took place on Sunday night and all the stars came dressed to impress in couture. However, not everyone actually impressed me so here are my picks for the best and the worst of the night.
♥ Amber Heard oozed sexy in a very on-trend cut out black Zac Posen dress! So HOT and love the edgy quiff hairstyle too.
♥ Rose Byrne took a risk at the SAG Awards with this outfit which meant some people loved it and other hated it. For me the risk paid off because I think she looked amazing in this embroidered Elie Saab jumpsuit with structured shoulders.
♥ Stacey Keibler looked sophisticated in this stunning lace Marchesa gown.
♥ Emily Blunt looked vibrant in this green Oscar de la Renta one-shoulder gown.
♥ Kyra Sedgwick showed off her flawless figure (at 46!!) in this cut-out fiery Pucci gown.
♥ Glee’s Jayma Mays sparkled in a sweeping Reem Acra gown.
Aside from the fabulous sequin-and-shine factor, the back of the dress features a black lace cut-out which was equal sweet and sexy. Total winner in my books :)
♥ Total failure of the night for me was Heather Morris in a black leather-trimmed Masai Payan dress with a sheer skirt. Hated everything; the dress, the clunky platform silver heels, the bulky bracelet, the hair and the long chandelier earrings. Such a shame, she is such a knock-out beauty :(
♥ Funny woman Kristen Wiig ruined an elegant Balenciaga gown with a bold choker necklace.
What on earth was she thinking?? This outﬁt is the perfect case of accessories gone bad.
♥ Busy Philips tried to channel her inner Californian flower child in a blue floral gown by SIMONE by Katie Nehra. Wearing a print on the red carpet is a daring choice. Wearing a muumuu is an even worse choice. Think this look is more appropriate for a beach party rather than an awards show
♥ Newcomer ‘The Descendants’ actress Shailene Woodley should have left the floral print on set in Hawaii in this floral L’Wren Scott gown from the Spring 2012 collection.
♥ Amber Riley in Badgley Mischka. Sorry but the huge bow in the centre of her chest doesn’t do her any favours!
♥ As much as I ADORE the mint green colour of this gown, Kaley Cuoco just didn’t impress me in this Romona Keveza gown. Too much like a sweet meringue princessy look….but loving the hair though (just not with that dress)!
♥ Jenna Ushkowitz looks on-trend in a Rebecca Minkoff cut-out dress but am not a fan of the print and pleating and just think it looks a little ‘bleh’.
♥ I almost didn’t put Lea Michele on the worst dressed list because I do love the style and colouring of this Versace one-shoulder gown. It’s uber glamorous and sexy BUT just think the slit-to her-waist is a little too much…sorry!
♥ Young and (normally stylish) Ashlee Simpson looks about 30 years older than she actually is in this slightly ‘costumy’ Jenny Packham dress.
Who’s look did you love or loathe at the SAG Awards this year?
On Sunday night annual Golden Globe Awards were held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California. As the 2012 award season gets underway, the Golden Globes is the first chance for Hollywood’s elite to set the red carpet trends for the upcoming year. Big winners ‘The Descendants’ and ‘The Artist’ took home multiple statues, but the awards for Best & Worst dressed are a whole other story. Take a look at my Golden Globes 2012 night’s style winners and losers …
The ever stunning Charlize Theron chose a slit-up-to-there Christian Dior Couture gown with an elegant bow in the front! // Nicole Richie sparkled in a glittering column gown by Julien Macdonald and matched it with a clutch by her own label, House of Harlow // Love Heidi Klum’s simple (but with sexy open back) nude Calvin Klein dress. She accessorised it perfectly with beautiful turquoise jewellery to saves her Calvin Klein gown from being a washout! // Angelina Jolie looked very elegant. The Atelier Versace dress could not have fit her better, and the red splash across the top made it stand out from other white and off-white gowns on the carpet // Salma Hayek oozed sex appeal in a strapless Gucci gown..
Keeping her style simple, yet utterly elegant, Kate Beckinsale wowed in a stunning blush Roberto Cavalli chiffon and lace gown // Best Actress in a Television Drama winner Claire Danes looked amazing in this black and white J. Mendel gown. An interestingly constructed dress plus the low-cut back made it an absolute winner in my books! // Evan Rachel Wood looked glamorous in sequined Gucci dress with real feathers on the bottom of the skirt. She looks a bit like a cross between a mermaid and a bird…but in a good way ;) It’s probably not something I would wear but it perfectly suits Evan Rachel Wood’s Hollywood glamour/gothic style // Emma Stone showed off a modern way to wear red; with her maroon and fuchsia pleated Lanvin gown matched with a funky jewelled eagle belt buckle. I think she looked like a fashion superhero!
I’m not a fan of Amanda’s tiered Marc Jacobs dress; too much ruffle and it looks a bit like the dress was made out of her grandma’s curtains // Natalie Portman seems to be channelling Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen prefer blondes here haha. I love the colours of the Lanvin gown but perhaps after you’ve recently lost a ton of baby weight this isn’t the most flattering of outfits // Kelly Osbourne doesn’t shine for me in this ill-fitting, pointy-shouldered Zac Posen dress. Wonder if she’ll make her own ‘Fashion Police’ show’s Worst Dressed List? // Sarah Michelle Gellar said that her two-year-old daughter Charlotte picked out her tie-dye-style Monique Lhuillier gown. Just too much…I think the look would have been far more successful with a plain fabric!
Jessica Biel in a long sleeve Ellie Saab dress. This gown looks a bit like it could be her grandmother’s wedding dress from 1934? Jessica is so beautiful and I think something more modern and striking would have been more age appropriate :) // Michelle Williams looks cute and quirky in this Jason Wu gown but for me the blue velvet dress is a bit too matronly and slightly boring..(Sorry I know lots of people loved this dress!) // ‘Glee’ star Lea Michelle in an embroidered Marchesa illusion dress. Again she was on a lot of people’s best dressed list but it just didn’t do it for me! // Giuliana Rancic arrived in a floor-length grey and black Monique Collignon gown which is simply unflattering. Nuf-said ;) // Madonna disappointed in a cluttered green and pewter Reem Acra ballgown.
See below the full list of award winners at the 69th annual Golden Globe Awards; I really want to see the movies “The Descendants” and “The Artist”!
– Picture, Drama: “The Descendants.”
– Picture, Musical or Comedy: “The Artist.”
– Actor, Drama: George Clooney, “The Descendants.”
– Actress, Drama: Meryl Streep, “The Iron Lady.”
– Director: Martin Scorsese, “Hugo.”
– Actor, Musical or Comedy: Jean Dujardin, “The Artist.”
– Actress, Musical or Comedy: Michelle Williams, “My Week With Marilyn.”
– Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, “Beginners.”
– Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, “The Help.”
– Foreign Language: “A Separation.”
– Animated Film: “The Adventures of Tintin.”
– Screenplay: Woody Allen, “Midnight in Paris.”
– Original Score: Ludovic Bource, “The Artist.”
– Original Song: “Masterpiece” (music and lyrics by Madonna, Julie Frost, Jimmy Harry), “W.E.”
– Series, Drama: “Homeland,” Showtime.
– Series, Musical or Comedy: “Modern Family,” ABC.
– Actor, Drama: Kelsey Grammer, “Boss.”
– Actress, Drama: Claire Danes, “Homeland.”
– Actress, Musical or Comedy: Laura Dern, “Enlightened.”
– Actor, Musical or Comedy: Matt LeBlanc, “Episodes.”
– Miniseries or Movie: “Downton Abbey (Masterpiece),” PBS.
– Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Kate Winslet, “Mildred Pierce.”
– Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Idris Elba, “Luther.”
– Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Jessica Lange, “American Horror Story.”
– Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Peter Dinklage, “Game of Thrones.”
So this were my picks for the 2012 Golden Globes Fashion hit and misses; do you agree or disagree? :)
HELLO! I'm Roz. A 'Dutchess' 🇳🇱
living in 🇬🇧 London.
Happy-Go-Lucky Lady, Foodie,
Snap Happy, Traveller,
Stripeaholic & Life Lover!