Ok I admit I am a bit late on the party with this one, but a few months back Estee Lauder brought out the Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette Batik Sun (link) as part of their Bronze Goddess Summer 2013 Collection. I absolutely love this palette and I used it to death over the recent summer months. But even now that the weather has turned colder I still find myself reaching for this little beauty quite often. In typical Estee Lauder fashion, these powdered shadows are soft to the touch and blend very nicely. There is something quite sheer about the shadows yet with ultra-shimmer. They apply a bit like pigments in that you can build up the colour to achieve both a deep colour and super sparkle, to make your eyes catch the light and pop!
Let’s have a look at the colours shall we?
- Warm orange with golden sheen, very pigmented, satin finish (top) – a knock out shade if you have blue eyes!
- Peachy light gold, soft texture, applies like a dream, shimmery finish (right)
- Intense teal green with very subtle golden sheen, takes a bit of layering to build to full colour intensity but worth it, satin finish (bottom)
- Pale vanilla champagne, medium pigmentation, shimmery finish (left)
- Bronze shimmery brown, creamy satin finish (center). Stunning in the crease and as a liner.
There are so many different looks you can create with this palette, using the shades individually and combined. Here is a look a created a while back using the Batik Sun Palette. What do you think?
Products used: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer + Foundation // MAC Peachy Keen blush on cheeks // Peachy gold shade (right) all over the lid // Warm orange shade (top) applied to the crease and blended out // Shimmery brown (centre) applied to lower lashline // Curled my lashes with MAC eyelash curler – read my how-to post HERE // then I applied Bourjois Volume Glamour MAX Mascara // And on my lips I am wearing Bourjois 3D Effet Gloss in (53) Corail Artistic.
The Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette Batik Sun is still available online via www.esteelauder.co.uk and retails at £36 for the 5 shades in a beautiful golden compact with mirror. Do you like what you see? Well I am giving my readers a chance to win one of TWO Batik Sun Palettes! You can enter below, the giveaway is open internationally and closes on Friday 8 November. GOOD LUCK :)