Here a quick face of the night from a little while back that was a smokey eye with NARS Dogon. I love this eyeshadow duo from the NARS 2011 Summer collection (review here). This look proves that you don’t need a lot of products to create a nice smokey eye; sometimes 1-2 shades is all you need!
Products used in this Face of the Night:
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- Clinique Stay Matte Foundation (Shade 09)
- NARS Orgasm Blush
- MAC Vanilla Pigment (as highlighter on top of cheekbones)
- NARS Dogon eyeshadow Duo (applied charcoal black shade all over my lid and blended the metallic taupe with icy green sheen over the top to create a lovely shimmery black/green effect)
- L’Oreal Super Liner; Perfect Slim in black to line upper lashline
- AVON SuperShock Eyeliner in Black (applied to waterline)
- MAC Vanilla Pigment (applied to brow-bone area and tear-duct to highlight)
- Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara
- Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara (love this product – review here)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Electric Ginger (review here)
For me this is an easy regular smokey eye when I have only a short time to do my makeup before dashing out! Plus I can easily pop the small Dogon Duo in my clutch if I need a top-up of colour during the night (if I am planning a late one….haha)!
Do you like this simple smokey look?